This 6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari takes you through the national parks of Kibale and Queen Elizabeth. It starts and ends at the Entebbe international airport or Kampala capital city. This Uganda safari includes the crater lakes, walk in the jungle and drive in the African Savannah.
Highlights for the 6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari in Uganda – 6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
- Visit 2 national parks of Kibale Forest and Queen Elizabeth in Uganda
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Sunrise and sunset game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Boat cruises on Kazinga channel with high populations of crocodiles and hippos
- See the numerous crater lakes
- Views of the Mountains of the moon
- Cross the Equator and stand in two hemispheres at the same time
- Tour the local community and countryside towns
Day One: Arrival in Uganda
You are warmly received and transferred to your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe. If time allows, start with an informative tour through the city to interesting sites in Uganda’s history. You then check in at the hotel for tea or coffee, dinner and good night rest at Papyrus Guest house(BB) or the Cassia Lodge(BB).
Day Two: From Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park (350 km, 6 hours)
After your breakfast, you are picked up from the hotel. We drive westwards through the undulating green hills with local farms and tea plantations to Fort Portal town. Have a stop for a lunch buffet of local food or a La Carte as you enjoy views of the Rwenzori mountains. We then transfer to the lodge and relax to sights and sounds of the forest. You may go for a walk around the lodge or in the forest for a night walk to see the night primates and other animals (optional). Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or the Primate Lodge(FB).
Day Three: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp
After an early breakfast, you start with a briefing of the activity and what to expect in the park. Enter the forest for the chimpanzee tracking. Walking at your own pace along the trails is easy in the company of excellent local guides. The guides explain the life of the chimps, tree species, birds and other mammals that live in the forest. The primates that you may see include the Gray Cheeked Mangabeys, Olive Baboon, Red-tailed Monkey, Red colobus and Black and White Colobus.
You may as well encounter animals like the Duikers and forest elephants. The highlight is an encounter with the Chimpanzees associating in the trees or on the ground. Return to your accommodation for lunch and relaxation. In the afternoon, it is possible to have another walk in the Bigodi community swamp for birds and monkeys. Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or Primate Lodge(FB).
Day Four: Kibale forest to Queen Elizabeth National Park through crater lakes (130 km, 4 hours)
Wake up to a hearty breakfast and views of the forest. We leisurely drive southwards through the scenic crater lakes region. Have a stop at the Equator for photos, we then continue to Queen Elizabeth national park. Check in at the lodge and relax for lunch to sounds and sights of the wilderness. Enjoy the afternoon relaxation at the lodge or do a game drive as the sunsets over the savannah. Have dinner and overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(BB).
Day Five: Game drives and Boat cruise
After early breakfast, embark on the game drive around the Kasenyi plains west of the national park. Here you get to see different animals including lions and antelopes especially waterbucks and kobs, hyenas and elephants among others. You may visit the nearby salt lake and see the local ways of salt mining. Return to the lodge for lunch and relaxation.
We then slope down to the jetty for an enchanting boat cruise along the beautiful Kazinga channel that connects two lakes. The boat sails close to numerous animals that come to the channel for a drink. Hippos, buffaloes, elephants, giant forest hogs, crocodiles and many bird species can be seen in the water or on the banks. The cruise ends down by Lake Edward with stunning views of the border mountains of the Congo in a distance. Have dinner and a cozy overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(FB).
Day Six: We drive back to Kampala /Entebbe (430 km, 7 hours)
After breakfast, transfer to Kampala or Entebbe driving through the cattle countryside. Have a break at the Equator for lunch and a cup of tea, craft and boutique shopping. Later proceed to the Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight.
END of the 6 Days primates and wildlife safari in Uganda.
- 2 persons: USD 1090 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 900 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 830 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 360 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
- 2 persons: USD 1680 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1485 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1385 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
The above Price includes:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 custom built safari vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with mentioned meals
- Entrance fees to the National Parks and sites
The safari includes the following activities: chimpanzee tracking, Bigodi swamp, game drives, boat trip on the Kazinga Channel and a visit to the crater lakes.
The above Price excludes:
- All activities not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Flights and visa for Uganda
- All Meals and drinks not according to the accommodations
- Tips and personal expenses such as laundry and communications