5 days gorilla and chimpanzee safari in Uganda
On this 5 days gorilla and chimpanzee safari tour in Uganda, you see the great apes and other monkeys. Track the gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable forest. Follow the chimpanzees in Queen Elizabeth at Kyambura forested gorge within the Rift Valley.
Highlights for the 5 days gorilla and chimpanzee tracking safari in Uganda:
- Sunset game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Experience the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi National Park!
- See the chimpanzees and various monkey species in the forested Kyambura Gorge
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe Airport
On arrival at the airport you are welcomed and leisurely taken to the hotel to relax. Stay at Carpe Diem(BB)/Laico hotel(FB)
Day 2: Drive to Queen Elizabeth Natioanal Park 420 km 6 hours
After a hearty breakfast, relax as you drive through the countryside to Queen Elizabeth. Have a stop at the Equator and explore the crater lakes en route. Relax at the lodge in the afternoon or have a game drive as the sunsets. Stay at Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) /Mweya Safari Lodge(FB)
Day 3: Kyambura forest Gorge Chimpanzee tracking to Bwindi 155 km / 200 km 5 hours
After an early breakfast, we slope down the gorge to see man’s closest relatives. Meeting a group of Chimps socializing on the ground or quietly feeding in the trees is an amazing experience. In the afternoon, we drive to Bwindi Impenetrable. On our way we pass through hilly villages, beautiful landscapes and the mountains with breath taking views. Bwindi Impenetrable is mountain forest with many animals and unique birds species. Bwindi is one of the 2 places in the world where you find the endangered Mountain Gorillas!! Overnight at Gorilla Mist Camp(BB)/Mahogany Springs Lodge(FB)
Day 4: Bwindi Impenetrable forest on the trails Gorilla tracking!!!
Early morning, we set off to the forest for a briefing about the gorillas and the forest. We then search for a family of Gorillas!! You will have an hour with them and that will be an experience that will last a life time. Overnight at Gorilla Mist Camp(BB)/Mahogany Springs Lodge(FB)
Day 5: Bwindi Impenetrable forest to Entebbe about 7-8 hours
Transfer leisurely by road or domestic flight*(optional) to Entebbe for your outbound flight.
- 2 persons: USD 1395 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1230 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1165 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 100 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
TOTAL PRICE 2019-2020 (High Budget accommodations-Full board)
- 2 persons: USD 1895 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1700 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1630 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 170 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Prices include:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 safari car with guide and fuel
- Sealed Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with meals
- Entrance fees to the Parks
The following activities: Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking, game drive and visit to the crater lakes.
The above Prices does not include:
- Activities not in the above Itinerary
- Flights and Insurance
- Visa for Uganda,
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Tips, personal expenses such as laundry and communications