Gorilla and chimpanzee safari in Uganda
On this 5 days gorilla and chimpanzee safari, you truly see the great apes. You will first follow the chimpanzees within the gorge. Then, you will track the gorillas in Bwindi forest.
The gorilla and chimpanzee safari highlights:
- Experience the mountain gorillas of Bwindi National Park!
- Chimpanzee tracking in kyambura gorge
- Sunset game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe Airport
On arrival, you are welcomed at the airport. Immediately, you are leisurely taken to the hotel to relax at Cycad Guest House(BB)/Laico hotel(FB)
Day 2: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park 420 km 6 hours
After a hearty breakfast, we drive westwards through the countryside to Queen Elizabeth park. We stop briefly at the Equator. Here, we stand on the line that is in the middle of the planet. This is another rare experience. We continue and explore the crater lakes before we reach the park. We simply unwind at the lodge, within sight of the park. Alternatively, we could have a game drive as the sunsets. We stay at Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or Mweya Safari Lodge(FB), both of which are within the park.
Day 3: Kyambura forest Gorge Chimpanzee tracking to Bwindi 155 km / 200 km 5 hours
This morning, we go to the forested gorge in order to see the chimpanzees. In fact, these are man’s closest relatives. Shortly after, we meet a group of chimps playing or resting on the ground. On the other hand, we may find them noisily feeding in the trees. This is undoubtedly an amazing experience. In the afternoon, we drive further southwards to Bwindi Impenetrable forest. On our way however, we pass through the mountains with breathtaking views.
Bwindi is a unique mountain forest that has many animals and birds species. Indeed it is is one of the 2 places in the world where you find the endangered Mountain Gorillas!! No wonder then that it is a world heritage site due to the gorillas. Apart from the gorillas, there are also forest elephants and chimpanzees in Bwindi. Overnight at Gorilla Mist Camp(BB)/Mahogany Springs Lodge(FB)
Day 4: Bwindi Impenetrable forest on the trails Gorilla tracking!!!
Early after breakfast, we set off to the jungle. To begin with, we are given a briefing about the gorillas and the forest. We then split into groups of eight persons for each gorilla family. Shortly after, the search for the gorillas begins!! We walk along the sometimes muddy paths under the forest canopy. Occasionally, the guides need to cut through the bushes in order to reach the gorillas. We will have an exciting hour with them. By all means, it is an experience that will last a lifetime. Overnight at Gorilla Mist Camp(BB)/Mahogany Springs Lodge(FB)
Day 5: Bwindi Impenetrable forest to Entebbe about 7-8 hours
Finally, we transfer leisurely by road back to Entebbe. Alternatively, you can catch a domestic flight*(optional) to Entebbe for your outbound flight
- 2 persons: USD 1395 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1230 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1165 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 100 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Prices include:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 safari car with guide and fuel
- Sealed Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with meals
- Entrance fees to the Parks
The following activities including: Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking, game drive and visiting the crater lakes.
TOTAL PRICE (High Budget accommodations-Full board)
- 2 persons: USD 1895 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1700 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1630 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 170 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Prices does not include:
- Activities not in the above Itinerary
- Flights and Insurance
- Visa for Uganda,
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Tips, personal expenses such as laundry and communications