10 Days Uganda Safari with departure in Rwanda
This Uganda safari package ends in Rwanda. Experience unique cultures; encounter a lot of wildlife including gorillas, Chimpanzees and Elephants.
The Uganda safari the following highlights:
- Visit 3 national parks of Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi in Uganda
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Nature walk and primate watching in Bigodi Swamp
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Sunrise and sunset game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Boat cruise on Kazinga channel with high populations of crocodiles and hippos
- See the numerous crater lakes
- Views of the Mountains – Rwenzori, Mgahinga, Sabinyo and Muhavura
- Cross the Equator and stand in two hemispheres at the same time
- Tour the Ugandan local community and countryside towns
Day 1: Arrival Entebbe international Airport Uganda
You are warmly received on arrival and leisurely transferred to your hotel for a good night rest.
Overnight stay: Lake Victoria View Guest House (BB) or The Boma (BB)
Day 2: Entebbe to Kibale Forest 350 km, 6 hours
In the morning, we drive westwards through the green hills, local farms and tea plantations to Fort Portal town. Have a stop for a lunch buffet of local food or a La Carte as you enjoy views of the Rwenzori Mountains. We then transfer to the lodge and relax to sights and sounds of the forest. You may go for a walk around the lodge or in the forest for a night walk to see the night primates and other animals (optional).
Overnight stay: Chimpanzee Guest House (FB) / Primate Lodge (FB)
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking in the Kibale forest
After breakfast, you start with a briefing of what to expect in the park. Enter the forest for chimpanzee tracking. Walk at your own pace along the trails in the company of excellent local guides. They explain the life of the chimps, tree species, birds and other mammals that live in the forest. Primates here include the Gray Cheeked Mangabeys, Olive Baboon, Red-tailed Monkey, Red colobus and Black and White Colobus. Duikers and forest elephants too live here. The highlight is an encounter with the Chimpanzees in the trees or on the ground. Return to the lodge for lunch and relaxation. In the afternoon, you can have another walk in the Bigodi community swamp for birds and monkeys.
Overnight stay: Chimpanzee Guest House (FB) or the Primate Lodge (FB)
Day 4: Kibale Forest to Queen Elizabeth 160 km, 4 hours
Wake up to a hearty breakfast and views of the forest. We leisurely drive southwards through the scenic crater lakes region. Have a stop at the Equator for photos, we then enter Queen Elizabeth national park. Check in at the lodge and relax for lunch to sights of the wilderness. Stay at the lodge or do a game drive as the sunsets over the savannah.
Overnight stay: Kasenyi Safari Camp (FB) or the Mweya Safari Lodge (FB)
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth game drives and boat trip
Start the day with a game drive around the Kasenyi plains. Here you get to see Africa’s animals including lions, waterbucks, hyenas and elephants. You may visit the nearby salt lake and see the local ways of salt mining. Return to the lodge for lunch and to relax. We then transfer to the boat cruise along the beautiful Kazinga channel. The boat sails close to animals that come to the channel for a drink. Hippos, buffaloes, elephants, giant forest hogs, crocodiles and many bird species can be seen in the water or on the banks. The cruise ends down by Lake Edward with stunning views of the mountains in Congo.
Overnight stay: Kasenyi Safari Camp (FB) or the Mweya safari Lodge (FB).
Day 6: Ishasha wilderness and tree lions 100 km, 3 hours
Today, cross the Kazinga channel and continue southwards through Queen Elizabeth National Park to Ishasha. Enjoy a game drive in search of the rare tree climbing lions as the sun sets. Here, there are prides of lions that climb the trees. This is unusual in the lion kingdom! The other unique animal in Ishasha is the Topi, a very fast runner and cousin to the Tsessebe.
Overnight stay: Ishasha Jungle Lodge (FB) or the Ishasha Wilderness Camp (FB)
Day 7: Ishasha to Bwindi Impenetrable Gorilla forest 65 km, 2 hours /150 km, 5 hours
We relax and slowly drive to Bwindi. We pass through hilly villages with breath taking views. The route is an excellent photography opportunity for beautiful mountainous landscapes. Bwindi Impenetrable is a unique montane forest, with many wildlife species including gorillas, chimps, forest elephants and rare birds. The Bwindi forest is one of the only 3 places in the world where you find the endangered Mountain Gorillas!!
Overnight stay: Gorilla Mist Camp (FB) or Mahogany Springs Lodge (FB) on a hill overlooking the gorilla forest.
Day 8: Bwindi Impenetrable forest Gorillas and more primates
Early morning set off to the park office. After the briefing, we enter the forest and trek the gorillas. The time we take looking for them is unpredictable. The forest trails go through steep valleys and that makes the trekking hard sometimes. Gorillas may come near you, touch you or even babies jump on you-but keep calm!!! After the trekking, we return to the lodge to relax. Later you may go for cultural entertainment in the surrounding communities or enjoy a sun downer community walk.
Overnight stay: at Gorilla Mist Camp (FB) or Mahogany Springs Lodge (FB)
Day 9: Bwindi Impenetrable forest to Lake Bunyonyi 110 km, 4 hours
After a hearty breakfast, transfer through the terraced green hills and homesteads to Lake Bunyonyi. This is the deepest and most beautiful lake in Uganda. In the afternoon, we take a boat trip on the lake. You can relax at the lodge or take a swim in the Bilharzia free lake. Other possible activities include canoeing to the local islands or making a community walk.
Overnight stay: Arcadia cottages (FB) or the Bird Nest (FB) facing the lake.
Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi to Kigali 120 km, 3 hours
This morning, we leisurely transfer across the border to Rwanda for your departure. One interesting route is by the border mountains and picturesque twin lakes. Make a Kigali city tour to the Genocide memorial, Museum and market or go to curio shops for shopping in the afternoon if time allows. End.
End of the 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari.
- 2 persons: USD 2525 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 2205 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 2080 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 405 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
- 2 persons: USD 3785 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 3375 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 3190 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 350 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Price includes:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 custom built safari vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with mentioned meals
- Entrance fees to the National Parks and sites
The safari includes the following activities: chimpanzee and Gorilla tracking (Uganda), game drives, boat trip on the Kazinga Channel and Lake Bunyonyi, bird watching and a visit to the crater lakes.
The above Price excludes:
- All activities not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Flights and visa for Uganda and Rwanda
- All Meals and drinks not according to the accommodations
- Tips and personal expenses such as laundry and communications