6 days Uganda safari for Game drives and primates
This 6 days trip takes you through the forests and savannah of Uganda. The safari includes African wildlife, Chimpanzees and the crater lakes. Explore the sights and sounds of the wilderness as you walk in the jungle. It starts and ends at the Entebbe international airport or Kampala capital city.
Highlights for the 6 days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari in Uganda – 6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
- Visit 2 national parks of Kibale Forest and Queen Elizabeth in Uganda
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Sunrise and sunset game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Boat cruises on Kazinga channel with crocodiles and hippos
- See the crater lakes
- Views of the Mountains of the moon
- Cross the Equator
- Tour the local community and countryside towns
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You are warmly received and transferred to your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe. However, you can start the safari with an informative tour of Kampala city. Indeed this tour goes to interesting sites in Uganda’s history. You then check in at the hotel for tea or coffee. Dinner and good night rest at Cycad Guest house(BB) or the Cassia Lodge(BB).
Day 2: From Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park (350 km, 6 hours)
After your breakfast, you are picked up from the hotel. Then, we drive westwards through the green hills with tea plantations to Fort Portal town. This colonial town is at the bottom of the Rwenzori mountains. Soon, we have a stop for a lunch buffet of local food or a La Carte. We then transfer to the lodge and relax to sights and sounds of the forest. Subsequently, you may go for a walk around the lodge or take a night walk in the forest to see the nocturnal primates and other animals (optional). Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or the Primate Lodge(FB).
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp
After an early breakfast, you start with a briefing of the activity and what to expect in the park. You then enter the forest for the chimpanzee tracking. The walking along the trails is easy in the company of excellent local guides. The guides clearly explain the life of the chimps, tree species, birds and other mammals. Besides the chimps, the other primates that you see include the grey cheeked Mangabeys, Olive Baboon, red-tailed Monkey, Red colobus and Black and White Colobus. Other animals in the forest include the forest elephants and antelopes.
The highlight though is the Chimpanzees associating in the trees or on the ground. Afterwards, return to your accommodation for lunch and relaxation. In the afternoon, it is possible to also have another walk in the Bigodi community swamp. Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or Primate Lodge(FB).
Day 4: Kibale forest to Queen Elizabeth National Park through crater lakes (130 km, 4 hours)
Wake up to a hearty breakfast and views of the forest. We leisurely drive southwards through the scenic crater lakes region. Next. have a stop at the Equator for photos, we then continue to Queen Elizabeth national park. Check in at the lodge. At this time, relax for lunch to sounds and sights of the wilderness. You can choose to relax at the lodge. Or do a game drive as the sunsets over the savannah. Have dinner and overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(BB).
Day 5: Game drives and Boat cruise
After early breakfast, embark on the game drive around the Kasenyi plains west of the national park. Here, you get to see the different animals of prey like lions, hyenas and leopards. The antelopes especially waterbucks and kobs abound. Furthermore, there are herds of elephants. By the way, you may visit the nearby salt lake and see the local ways of mining salt. Later, you return to the lodge for lunch and relaxation.
Later, we slope down to the Kazinga channel for the boat cruise. This naturally made channel, connects two lakes namely George and Edward. Of course the boat sails close to numerous animals that come to the channel for a drink. You will often see hippos, buffaloes, elephants, giant forest hogs, crocodiles and many bird species on the banks. Finally, the cruise ends down by Lake Edward with stunning views of mountains of the Congo. Have dinner and a cozy overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(FB).
Day 6: We drive back to Kampala /Entebbe (430 km, 7 hours)
Transfer to Kampala or Entebbe while driving through the cattle countryside. However, we have a break at the Equator for lunch and a cup of tea. And also craft and boutique shopping. Finally, we proceed to the Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight.
END of the 6 days Uganda primates and wildlife safari.
- 2 persons: USD 1090 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 900 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 830 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 360 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Price includes:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 custom built safari vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Sealed Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with mentioned meals
- Entrance fees to the included sites and National Parks
The safari includes the following activities: chimpanzee tracking,
boat trip on the Kazinga Channel, game drives and Bigodi swamp. Plus a visit to the crater lakes.
- 2 persons: USD 1680 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1485 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1385 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
The above Price does not include:
- Activities not in the Itinerary
- Flights and Insurances
- Visa for Uganda
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Tips, personal expenses such as laundry and communications