Uganda primates and wildlife safari
This Uganda primates and wildlife safari takes you through the national parks of Kibale and Queen Elizabeth. It starts and ends at the Entebbe international airport or Kampala capital city. This Uganda safari includes the crater lakes, walks in the jungle and game drive in the African Savannah.
Highlights for the 6 days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari in Uganda – 6 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
- Visit 2 national parks of Kibale Forest and Queen Elizabeth in Uganda
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Sunrise and sunset game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Boat cruises on Kazinga channel with crocodiles and hippos
- See the crater lakes
- Views of the Mountains of the moon
- Cross the Equator
- Tour the local community and countryside towns
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You are warmly received and transferred to your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe. If time allows, start the safari with an informative tour of Kampala city. This tour goes to interesting sites in Uganda’s history. You then check in at the hotel for tea or coffee. Dinner and good night rest at Papyrus Guest house(BB) or the Cassia Lodge(BB).
Day 2: From Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park (350 km, 6 hours)
After your breakfast, you are picked up from the hotel. We drive westwards through the undulating green hills with local farms and plantations to Fort Portal town. This colonial town is at the bottom of the Rwenzori mountains. We have a stop for a lunch buffet of local food or a La Carte. We then transfer to the lodge and relax to sights and sounds of the forest. You may go for a walk around the lodge. You may as well take a night walk in the forest to see the nocturnal primates and other animals (optional). Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or the Primate Lodge(FB).
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp
After an early breakfast, you start with a briefing of the activity and what to expect in the park. Enter the forest for the chimpanzee tracking. Walking at your own pace along the trails is easy in the company of excellent local guides. The guides explain the life of the chimps, tree species, birds and other mammals that live in the forest. Besides the chimps, the other primates that you see include the Grey Cheeked Mangabeys, Olive Baboon, Red-tailed Monkey, Red colobus and Black and White Colobus. Animals in the forest include the forest elephants and antelopes.
The highlight though is the Chimpanzees associating in the trees or on the ground. Return to your accommodation for lunch and relaxation. In the afternoon, it is possible to have another walk in the Bigodi community swamp for birds and monkeys. Dinner and overnight at Kibale forest Camp(BB) or Primate Lodge(FB).
Day 4: Kibale forest to Queen Elizabeth National Park through crater lakes (130 km, 4 hours)
Wake up to a hearty breakfast and views of the forest. We leisurely drive southwards through the scenic crater lakes region. Have a stop at the Equator for photos, we then continue to Queen Elizabeth national park. Check in at the lodge and relax for lunch to sounds and sights of the wilderness. Enjoy the afternoon relaxation at the lodge or do a game drive as the sunsets over the savannah. Have dinner and overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(BB).
Day 5: Game drives and Boat cruise
After early breakfast, embark on the game drive around the Kasenyi plains west of the national park. Here you get to see different animals including lions and antelopes especially waterbucks and kobs, hyenas and elephants among others. You may visit the nearby salt lake and see the local ways of salt mining. Return to the lodge for lunch and relaxation.
We then slope down to the Kazinga channel for the boat cruise. This natural channel connects two lakes of George and Edward. The boat sails close to numerous animals that come to the channel for a drink. You will see hippos, buffaloes, elephants, giant forest hogs, crocodiles and many bird species can be seen in the water or on the banks. The cruise ends down by Lake Edward with stunning views of the border mountains of the Congo. Have dinner and a cozy overnight at the Kasenyi Safari Camp(BB) or the Mweya Lodge(FB).
Day 6: We drive back to Kampala /Entebbe (430 km, 7 hours)
After breakfast, we transfer to Kampala or Entebbe driving through the cattle countryside. We have a break at the Equator for lunch and a cup of tea, craft and boutique shopping. Later we proceed to the Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight.
END of the 6 days Uganda primates and wildlife safari.
- 2 persons: USD 1090 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 900 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 830 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- USD: 360 single room supplement outside the double/twin room
The above Price includes:
- Ground transfers
- 4×4 custom built safari vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Sealed Bottled drinking water
- Accommodations with mentioned meals
- Entrance fees to the included sites and National Parks
The safari includes the following activities: chimpanzee tracking, Bigodi swamp, game drives, boat trip on the Kazinga Channel and a visit to the crater lakes.
- 2 persons: USD 1680 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 4 persons: USD 1485 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
- 6 persons: USD 1385 per person (double/twin sharing) based on a private tour
The above Price does not include:
- Activities not in the Itinerary
- Flights and Insurances
- Visa for Uganda
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Tips, personal expenses such as laundry and communications